About DSN – Data Scientists Network (Data Science Nigeria)
Train, mentor and inspire 100,000 Nigerian undergraduates and graduates to build new skills in Advanced Analytics/Data Science and create 1 million jobs/opportunities in data science/advanced analytics.
Build a local data science/big data/AI ecosystem that will position Nigeria to become the outsourcing hub for international Data Science/Advanced Analytics/Big Data projects with opportunity to access 2-3% share of the estimated global Artificial intelligence GDP contribution of up to $15.7 trillion by 2030.
• Promote the big data and data science approach in solving Nigeria’s business and social developmental problems.
• Promote big data education and research through strategic partnerships with world-class institutions and knowledge and best practice sharing groups.
• Promote international opportunities in data science scholarships, training and internship.
• Build a Nigerian data science ecosystem where users, learners, service providers and software/platform providers can share mutually beneficial knowledge necessary for the development of the industry.
• Build a Nigerian outsourcing hub for young Nigerian entrepreneurs to access global projects and build rewarding careers in data science.
• Promote the use of data science and advanced analytics methodologies in university research, e.g. network/graph theory in social science, etc.
• Create strategic platforms for knowledge and best practice sharing amongst senior level C-level executives, business leaders and operational experts in data science.
How is Data Scientists Network(DSN) approach different?
This is a practitioner-led model where experienced and hands-on data scientists in Nigeria and in the Diaspora train and mentor young Nigerians through face-to-face, virtual coaching classes, project-based support and holiday boot camps funded by individuals and corporate organizations
In addition, it incorporates dual model, bottom-up model that trains, inspires and mentors the would-be data scientists and a top-down model where we engage C-level executives and decision makers on how Data Science can add value to the society and business.