Data Science Nigeria #MentorAfricanDataScientists programme
At Data Science Nigeria, we believe that African development can be accelerated through world-class capacity building and talent development in the emerging data/digital revolution.
We have also recognised that mentorship and experiential learning can fast-track assimilation and application of learning in high-intensity fields like Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Advanced Analytics.
We are therefore seeking for world-class professional data science practitioners, either in the industry or in the academic community to mentor young Nigerians via regular emails and tele-chats via a tracked mentoring programme.
This requires volunteer mentors to invest at least 60 minutes in 30 days to coach, guide and inspire aspiring local data scientists. This will complement our local bootcamps, regular Kaggle competitions and project exposure as part of our goal to raise 100,000 data experts in 10 years.
- Academic or Professional Experience as a Data Scientist or Executive leadership in a data science company or a Data Science product innovator/entrepreneur or go-to-market expert
- Academic or professional mentors, must have hands-on experience in R, Python or any of the established data science Toolkit
- Able to explain data science related concepts
- Experience with Kaggle, GitHub etc.
- A passion for sharing best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Contagious enthusiasm for development and sharing your knowledge
- Any previous training or teaching experience or one-on-one mentorship.
Our mentors are people who genuinely love to see others grow and want to share their expertise and experience with some highly-motivated students and fellow mentors from around the globe!
Our mentors run flexible schedule with their mentees. They work remotely and set their own hours.
If you are inspired to help us, please fill the form below and we shall get back to you with a link to the mentoring/coaching platform, mentorship accountability framework and a list of potential mentees/profiles.