Data Science Nigeria #MentorAfricanDataScientists programme
Why we need you to be our mentor?
At Data Science Nigeria, we believe that Africa’s development can be accelerated through world-class data capacity building and talent development in the emerging data digital revolution.
We have also recognised that mentorship and experiential learning can fast-track the assimilation and application of learning in high-intensity fields like Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Advanced Analytics.
We are seeking world-class professional data science practitioners either in the industry or in the academic community to mentor young Nigerians via regular emails and tele-chats via a tracked mentoring programme.
This programme requires the volunteer mentors to invest at least 60 minutes within 30 days to coach, guide and inspire aspiring local data scientists. This will complement our local bootcamps, regular Kaggle competitions, and student exposure to projects as part of our goal to train 100,000 data experts in 10 years.
- You have academic or professional experience as a data scientist, executive-level leadership in a data science company, or are a data science product innovator/entrepreneur or go-to-market expert.
- Academic and professional mentors must have hands-on experience in R, Python or any of the established data science toolkits.
- You are able to explain data science-related concepts.
- You have experience with Kaggle, GitHub, etc.
- You have a passion for sharing industry best practices.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have a contagious enthusiasm for development and sharing your knowledge.
- You have previous training, teaching or one-on-one mentorship experience.
Our mentors are people who genuinely love to see others grow and want to share their expertise and experience with some highly-motivated students and their fellow mentors from around the globe!
Our mentors enjoy flexible schedule with their mentees. Mentors work remotely and set their own hours.
If you are inspired to help us, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you with a link to the mentoring/coaching platform, the mentorship accountability framework, and a list of the potential mentees’ profiles.