In 2020, DSN will be expanding to run 24 city-based AI+ learning meet-ups as part of our scale-up strategy to achieve our 1 million AI talents in 10 years. This will be executed via a structured learning platform for secondary school students, pre-university students, university/polytechnics students and professionals, similar to the AIEveryDay model currently being running at the AI Hub in Lagos.
These AI+ meet-ups will be fully funded by Data Science Nigeria and managed professionally with strong focus on curriculum, quality assurance and opportunity creation for all the community members. It will be managed by a dedicated DSN resource, Program Manager in charge of AI Community, Content and Collaboration. He/She will drive learning engagement, partnership development, support, curriculum/content support etc.
What makes our AI+ City Meet-Up different?
• It will encompass all learning segments. For example, we will use our new book on AI for Primary and secondary schools to train Primary/JSS students during holidays/midterm breaks
• All the tutors and city leads are verified and validated instructors who will also be attending regular DSN classes and workshops on regular basis for quality assurance
• Students who are part of these learning communities will have access to DSN internship, virtual work opportunities and job recommendations – especially with our growing project consulting portfolio for local and international clients.
• Each will be fully funded by Data Science Nigeria and operate in partnership with a local facility provider (Hubs/ Campuses etc.)
• The City Lead will also be responsible for our high-impact strategy to get AI into all primary and secondary schools in Nigeria via a Train-the-trainer programme to equip primary and secondary school teachers across Nigeria with the right basic skills to use our new book on AI/Python programming as part of the curriculum
Benefits for the City Leads
• Access to all DSN mentoring, travel grants and support platforms.
• Participation in DSN projects as a way to earn extra income, particularly through our DataCrowd product.
• Access internship at DSN office in Lagos and DSN partner companies
• Recommendation for DSN third party job placements and scholarship opportunities
• Selected candidates will receive special slot to attend the 2019 AI Bootcamp as part of their capacity building and briefing programme (if they are not currently on the list).
(1) Selected candidates with good experience that can be validated via Kaggle/GitHub/Zindi
(2) Excellent community building and relationship skills that can be proven
(3) The AI City Lead must be available in the city for the next 6-12 months
Cities of Interest:
- Benin City
- Port Harcourt
To Apply: Click Here