2019 Milestones at Data Science Nigeria
We have had a very awesome 2019. We have activated our vision to raise one million Artificial Intelligent talents in 10 years. We have scaled up sustainability and built unique platforms to support our operation and expansion.
We are indeed very grateful to our inspiring staff, awesome sponsors, amazing advisory board members, supportive partners, and the ever-energetic community members.
Of a truth, we are well-positioned to achieve our mission to build a world-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) knowledge, research and innovation ecosystem that delivers high-impact transformational research, business use applications, AI-first start-ups, support employability, and social good use cases in Nigeria and beyond.
Read some of our major milestones in 2019
- Artificial Intelligence and multidisciplinary research workshop and AI+ Professional meet-up with Dr. Stephen Odaibo – supported by Terragon Group
- Hosting of a masterclass with Sarah Hooker of GoogleAI as part of our weekly Pre-university Machine learning class
- Participation in the National Economic Summit Group 2019 on Data Economy and imperatives for Nigeria
- Pan-Nigeria kick-off AI+ club on university campuses – a drive for inclusion to take AI to every corner of Nigeria
- 100 Days of Machine Learning and Deep learning online classes to kick start the learning for the 2019 Bootcamp
- Engagement and best practice showcase at AIMS, Kigali Rwanda – partnership for high-impact AI in Africa
- Participation and co-sponsorship at IndabaX Nigeria with an award of a travel grant to the 1st runner-up, poster presentation to Deep Learning Indaba, Kenya
- Artificial Intelligence Bootcamp with 232 Bootcamp participants 26 international speakers and 11 local facilitators
- Strategic expansion to offer consulting services with expanded workforce and product/service portfolio
- Awarded Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation project Grant for Lagos Integrated Data Management platform
- Teach-the-Teachers session on Artificial Intelligence – hosting 121 teachers from 83 primary & secondary schools
- Launch of DataCrowd- a crowdsourcing data collection solution for government, businesses and non-profit to track local events, monitor trends, report insights, etc.